Some of you enterprising Rockit users came across some bugs in the the 1.1 code. I listened and have now fixed them. There was a bug in the pitch bend code that caused some screwy behaviour. I also made some more improvements to the filter envelope behavior. I think I’ve found the perfect filter envelope speeds. At the same time, I found a better value for a couple more resistors. R75 and R76 are going to be 18k from here on. This reduces the maximum filter resonance but it kind of had to come down a little since the level going into the filter from the VCA had been increased. It’s not 100% necessary, but I think it makes a worthwhile improvement. You can download the new code here.
Arran over on buildmusicthings.com put a nice explanation of how to build Rockit’s source code and get it uploaded to Rockit on OS X. Check it out here.
I’ve been hard at work on Rockit’s firmware and am proud to put out Version 1.1. There are a number of improvements, bug fixes, and a new feature. I’ve also made a few adjustments/hacks to resistor values which greatly improve Rockit’s sound. Click through for a list of the software and hardware updates. Continue reading
So, I put up the software on Sourceforge. I’m a bit of a rookie with it so I didn’t version it yet with Subversion. I use it at home and I’ll get it versioned but for now I put it there for download. I’ll be working on getting it set up right, but I promised to put it up and it’s there. Here’s the link: