Hello everyone. Big shout out to all my backers out there. Thank you for all your support over the past couple months. Your messages of support have been instrumental in keeping me focused on the prize. I started this project with the goal in mind of forcing myself to find an ending to this project after about a year and a half of work. And I think I’ve done it.
In the new video, you’ll notice all the work that I’ve put into polishing the design over the past two months. Mostly, I’ve been pounding the hardware. I completely overhauled the final output stage a couple times and spent some good time tweaking the DAC reconstruction filter as well as the main analog filter. The end result of this work has been to massively reduce harmonic distortion and to drop the noise floor way down. Along the way, I found a number of bugs in the code and made huge improvements in the wavetable playback that made aliasing a problem of the past.
Stay tuned after the project ends for details on order fulfillment and my next steps.