Work continues on the K-DSC-1 synth cube. I’ve settled on a microcontroller. This cube’s going to run an ARM processor, which is going to provide lots of processor overhead for a sweet well-featured sequencer. We’re planning some cool features. There will be a USB port, a standard MIDI jack, and the K-Connect jack for hooking cubes together. What’s really going to make this awesome though will be the interface. We’ve put some good thought into the button operation, but the killer will be the accelerometer tilt action. I’m really excited about how it’s going to turn out.
I’ve been learning quite a bit about working with ARM processors and open source tools for developing with them. Stay tuned for some technical posts about what I’ve found.