I am so excited to announce that I am almost done. The hardware has been finalized. The circuit and all the values are a wrap. Everything is working: MIDI, filters, synthesis, LFOs, envelopes, Voltage-Controlled Amplifier, LEDs, buttons, patch save and recall… I’ve got the first pass of the pcb finished as shown in the silkscreen image above. I’ve gotten to the final knob locations and am pretty happy with that. It’s been a journey but the final design should be on sale within the next couple months. I’m looking at options for selling it from licensing it to doing it myself. I might put up a project on Kickstarter. Stay tuned on that front.
Things I still have to get done are mostly software tasks: finalize pitch bend implementation, test filter audio in, flush out and finalize synthesis waveshapes, finish lfo waveshapes, and a few other small things. Sometime soon after I check every connection on the pcb and optimize the layout, I’ll order some sample pcbs and build one up. In the meantime, I’ll be finishing the software. I’ve got some ideas for making more complex waveshapes, morphing sounds and such. At that point it’ll be done. I’ll have to do some documentation, but I’ve been doing a lot of that through this blog. So, expect the release soon. I can’t wait.